Welcome to the careers section of the Q Radio Network website.
Current vacancies within the Q Radio network are available on this page.
Reporter / Broadcast Journalist
Closing date for returned CVs: 5.00pm on Monday 8th September 2014
The successful applicant will work with the Head of News and the Sports Editor to deliver local news for the north west.
The reporter will identify and research news and sports stories and present them on air
Cover council meetings and court sittings
Report live from events
The successful applicant will:
- have an instinct for what makes a good news story
- have a knowledge of the area and the issues which affect it
- have an interest in news, sport and current affairs, and good general knowledge
- have excellent writing skills, and the ability to tailor content for different audiences and platforms
- be able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences
- be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- be able to cope with the demands of live reporting and interviewing
- understand how to use the voice effectively for radio
- know, or be able to learn, how to use recording equipment and to operate radio studio equipment
- have strong IT skills
- have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production
Applicants must be educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, or have at least 2 years experience in a newsrooom. A valid driving licence and the use of a car are essential for the post. The post will be based in L'derry, but will involve travel to other Q Radio sites throughout Northern Ireland.
Applications should be posted to:
Mr Bob Huggins
Woodside Road Industrial Estate
Exceptional field based sales representative REF RFW 1
Closing date for returned CVs: Open
Cookstown, Dungannon, Omagh, Strabane & Enniskillen areas.
This position may be suitable for a professional wishing to re-locate home to their native county.
Generous Salary – Basic + Bonus (uncapped) + Travel Allowance
Function & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for selling Q Networks advertising services to clients within a specified geographic territory. You will contact prospective clients using varying types of lead generation and arrange to visit demonstrating the benefits of advertising on the ‘Q Network’. You will be expected to self manage to effectively track your selling activities, manage contact information for sales prospects and existing clients, and schedule visits or meetings with clients. Once you have secured a client, you will ensure customer satisfaction by continuous management of the client.
You will need to demonstrate commanding knowledge of your target customers, existing competitors in the marketplace. You must demonstrate the ability to identify and contact decision makers through diary planning, cold calls, research and networking with existing clients. Skills that will assist you in the role include strong communication and interpersonal skills to create business relationships, and strong presentation and negotiation skills. Suitable candidates will be self-starters who have a strong geographical knowledge of the territories in which these roles are based - Ideally you may live within the county in question. You must be able to demonstrate considerable direct field sales experience coupled with knowledge and understanding of KPI's and targets.
Internal Tele Sales Advisors (Two positions) REF RFW 2
Closing date for returned CVs: Open
Salary – Basic + Bonus (uncapped)
Internal Telesales Media Consultant offering Q Radio Network’s unique package of media marketing solutions to local SME's, helping them promote to their customer base and showcase their products and services. You will be responsible for outbound telesales, developing new business and managing your client accounts. Our Ballymena based Telephone Marketing Team are passionate about their careers and work hard for their customers. So, if you're looking for a rewarding opportunity within the exciting field of Radio or media sales, please read on.
*Basic salary with uncapped bonus,
- Puts the customer at the heart of the sale
- Goal orientated and entrepreneurial
- Takes ownership and proposes solutions
- IT Literate and mentally agile
- Can demonstrate success in an outbound telesales environment
- Confident, hard working, resilient and ambitious
Suitable candidates will be self-starters and target driven who have a strong geographical knowledge of Northern Ireland.
You must be able to demonstrate considerable Tele sales experience both inbound & outbound B2B, coupled with knowledge and a good understanding of KPI's and targets.
CVs to be sent to
Mr. Robert Walshe,
No 1 Millennium Pk,
Woodside Ind Estate,
Woodside Rd, Ballymena,
Tel 028 25648777